If you have been in an auto accident due to the negligence of another driver and sustained injuries, you have the right to recover compensation for your injuries. The following is a series of frequently asked questions that arise from this experience:
How exactly do you benefit from hiring an auto accident lawyer?
There are several scenarios where hiring an auto accident lawyer may be advantageous for your case.
- When you are seriously injured– The damages your vehicle has sustained and the bodily injuries incurred during the auto accident play an important part in your case. To stay on the safe side and avoid being taken advantage of by the insurance company and the at-fault party it’s best to seek legal representation. A lawyer will be by your side and will represent your interests with the insurance company and the at-fault party to get you the best settlement possible.
- When the settlement options confuse you– It is common for auto accident cases to be settled before the case is ever brought to court. The insurance carrier for the at-fault party will attempt to make their offer to settle your claim appealing to you in order for you to not seek further actions against them. Having a lawyer explain to you the intricate details of the settlement can help you get the maximum settlement for your injuries.
- When multiple parties are involved in the case– If your auto accident involves more than two vehicles, the case can become more complex and at times it will complicate your insurance claim. Auto accident cases can result in litigation involving more than one defendant. If the driver of a commercial vehicle is involved in the accident, it will become all the more complicated for you to manage. It is in your best interest to have legal representation on your side. Your auto accident lawyer will be able to determine which party is liable for your loss and is responsible to compensate you for your injuries.
What types of car accidents don’t necessarily require a lawyer?
There are times when the accident is minor and the claim can be pursued without a lawyer.
- The following instances do not necessarily require legal representation, however, if desired, legal representation can be of assistance:
o Any kind of mild injury – involving abrasions or sprains;
o An injury that does not require a visit to the specialist or require health testing; and,
o Quick physical recovery in a short time period.
- If you are certain the other party is providing you with more than adequate compensation there may not be a need to retain counsel. If you are in doubt, contact an attorney.
Auto accidents are more common than ever and happen every moment of the day. Driving a few blocks down the road running an errand or to work or to the gas station are simple daily routines, however, at any moment another distracted driver can crash into your vehicle and cause a collision. It’s important to know you are entitled to compensation and protecting your rights and interests is the main reason you should consider hiring an auto accident lawyer.
Kasunic Law firm takes pride in our 37 years of combined experience handling auto accident cases. We will guide you every step of the way and make certain you are not alone in pursuing your claim against the at-fault parties. Contact our firm to discuss your case today!